We have been given notice on our current home, TOG 3.0 at 22 Blackpitts, with 31 July 2021 as our last day. Right now we have no new premises to move to, and with the current rental situation in Dublin, we need all the help we can get to find our new home!
How you can help TOG:
- Do you know of an available building that could be TOG 4.0?
- Do you have contacts who could help us find that new home?
- Do you know of an organization that we could partner with on a space?
- Share this post/Forward this email to get the word out!
What does TOG 4.0 need?
- Ideally light industrial/workshop space with facilities with potential for common room, kitchen, classroom etc
- At least 150sqm (?)
- Easy access via public transport or walking distance from the city centre
- Safe and accessible for our members and the wider community
Please get in touch with us via email email@example.com
What is TOG?
We are a community hackerspace/makerspace located in Dublin City Centre founded in 2009. We are a place where people can go to make things in a supportive and creative atmosphere. Where people can go along and pick up a new skill or have access to equipment to make their project a reality. Most importantly it’s a community space.
We are a non-profit, non-commercial group funded by our members. We are a very diverse group of makers with strong software, hardware and engineering skills as well as arts and design skills. In our Blackpitts space, we have the room, tools and equipment to work in all
of these areas. We range in age from students to retired. We have members with decades of experience in work and industry. We also host and attend external events such as Hackathons, Dublin Maker events for Science Week, Engineers Week and a range of other STEM outreach
events. A strong social, networking and ideas exchange scene is also part of our membership and the wider public. We are open to new members joining and we run regular weekly events for the public.
What does this mean for you?
Right now we are reducing the amount of material in TOG 3.0 as much as possible.
If you are a member, please remove all your items from TOG ASAP! All members’ personal materials must be removed from TOG by 30 June 2021.
If you are a former member and still have material in TOG get in touch with us ASAP and we can facilitate collection or disposal.
Full Press Release -> https://www.tog.ie/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/TOG-Press-Release-Irelands-oldest-hackerspace-needs-a-new-home.pdf