Group nights are free and open to both members and visitors. They are not classes, they are nights where people can work together and troubleshoot any issues they may have. This is also a good environment to be in if you are learning or studying in the area of the theme. Current regular group nights are:
- Electronics and Microcontroller Night: Every second Monday From 7pm – We mainly deal with Arduinos as they seem to be very popular within the hackerspaces community.
- Craft Night: Every second Tuesday from 7pm – Over-heard at Craft Night: “One time she didn’t want to come because she’d forgotten her stuff. Like Craft Night is only about crafting!” Everyone brings whatever they want to work on, and we hang out. Check out some projects in our gallery, or join the Craft mailing list to stay informed about crafty events.
- Lockpicking Night: Every other/second Tuesday from 7pm – Bring your picks, locks, and have some fun! Check out some videos in our vimeo group.
- Coder Night: Every other/second Thursday from 7pm – The night for software and coding. Come along, join a project, start a project, or work on your own.
If you would like to suggest a group night please contact us. Some nights may be monthly, bi-weekly or weekly. Best thing to do is to throw an email out on the mailing list and gauge interest within the community.
If you would like to attend a group night and you are not yet a member, please contact us and let us know, as sometimes group nights do not run due to weather or other things going on.
Current and recent events
- EL Wire Workshop October 17, 2014 dobo
- TOG at RUA RED Digital Week October 10, 2014 tangentmonger
- Galileo Girls September 28, 2014 tdr
- Culture night @ TOG September 16, 2014 triona
- Brewday (12th July 10.30am) July 10, 2014 Shane Phelan
- Photo Workshop Completed July 5, 2014 gary
- Workshop: Making Your First Contribution to OpenStack (take #2!) July 5, 2014 jpichon
- Workshop: Making Your First Contribution to OpenStack June 21, 2014 jpichon