Group nights are free and open to both members and visitors. They are not classes, they are nights where people can work together and troubleshoot any issues they may have. This is also a good environment to be in if you are learning or studying in the area of the theme. Current regular group nights are:
- Electronics and Microcontroller Night: Every second Monday from 7pm – We mainly deal with Arduinos as they seem to be very popular within the hackerspaces community.
- Computer Aided Design Group Night: Every second Monday (same one as (Micro)Electronics Night) from 7pm – Everything to do with designing for making objects with 3D printers, laser-cutters, plotter, etc. More info here
- Coder Night: Every other/second Monday (not (Micro)Electronics/CAD night) from 7pm – The night for software and coding. Come along, join a project, start a project, or work on your own.
- Craft Night: Every second Tuesday from 7pm – Over-heard at Craft Night: “One time she didn’t want to come because she’d forgotten her stuff. Like Craft Night is only about crafting!” Everyone brings whatever they want to work on, and we hang out. Check out some projects in our gallery, or join the Craft mailing list to stay informed about crafty events.
- Lockpicking Night: Every other/second Tuesday (not Craft night) from 7:30pm – Bring your picks, locks, and have some fun! more information about them HERE.
- Art Group Afternoon: Every Thursday from 4pm – A relaxing afternoon of drawing, doodling, art. Come and create! More info here.
If you would like to suggest a group night please contact us. Some nights may be monthly, bi-weekly or weekly. Best thing to do is to throw an email out on the mailing list and gauge interest within the community.
If you would like to attend a group night and you are not yet a member, please contact us and let us know, as sometimes group nights do not run due to weather or other things going on.