The project is to create an outdoor stop motion camera that can be powered over one cable and we can connect to remotely to monitor building site.
- Shopping list:
- Raspberry Pi 3 or 3. I bought Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- MakerHawk Raspberry Pi Camera IR Fisheye Wide-angle 150-160 Degree 5MP OV5647 Webcam Automatically Switching between Day-Vision and Night-Vision Shooing Mode for Raspberry Pi 2B/ 2B+/3B/3B+/4B
- Active PoE Splitter Adapter Power Over Ethernet 48V to 12V
- POE switch 48V (already had)
- 6.2″x3.5″x2.5″(158mmx90mmx64mm) ABS Junction Box Universal Project Enclosure w PC Transparent Cover
- Nylon Cable Gland with Locknut
- CAT5 cable (internal or external)
- AmazonBasics Circular Polarizer Filter – 77 mm
Software we are running on on Pi is Raspberry and the image capture is imgcomp by Matthias-Wandel https://github.com/Matthias-Wandel/imgcomp (very easy and well documented how to setup)
Things left to do:
Mount camera on off stands so camera is closer to camera filter.
Setup backup fo images nightly to google drive (rclone) https://rclone.org/