Started today with more screen printing making up stencils on acetate. Process involved was a follows.
- Make up design in photoshop, gimp or any of your preferred design program.
- Print off on black and white acetate as dark as possible your design (no to much detail, you get away with some)
- Take prepared screen with light sensitive emulsion and put over light box, apply weight on top of screen.
- We are using two 15Watt UV blacklight 6 inces away from screen and design for 5 1/2 minutes may vary.
- Baking them into with UV lights for 5 1/2 minutes
- Then washing off under tap got to try power hose because I had to scrub quite hard to get non sensitized part to come off.
- Screen print away using your design
Check out what we did in gallery.
Any questions please let me know or come to space and will show you how to do it.
3 Replies to “More screen printing”
Beautiful stuff! I would love to learn how to do this. Any chance of a workshop or a visit?
All the best,
I think namit is suffering from perfectionism. He’s still trying to get them ‘just right’. I think it’ll be after he does that talk of a workshop will happen. But yeah, you can always visit at any of our open nights. Although you’ll probably be wanting to talk to namit, so I guess you could pester him in irc to see if he’ll be there on a day that suits you. (Check out the contact page for irc details.)
Will try to get a workshop in the new year but feel free to pop in and have a chat. Some limits of doing workshops because of amount of time it takes to do workshop.