Dublin Maker is a one-day, hands-on, family-friendly, free, outdoor celebration of making on the Physics Lawn at Trinity College Dublin from 10am to 6pm on 25th of July. We are very proud to be a supporting group again this year . Dublin Maker takes the form of a ‘show and tell’ experience where makers demonstrate what they are making, and share what they are learning.
Makers range from tech enthusiasts to crafters, educators, tinkerers, hobbyists, engineers, artists, science clubs, students, authors, and commercial exhibitors. They are of all ages and backgrounds, coming from all over Ireland and beyond. Dublin Maker will feature over forty groups of makers from across the country. Check out the full list of makers.
Our Members will be showcasing some old and new projects;
- Skull Radio – A bone conduction project that allows the user to listen to sounds without using their ears.
- Duck shooting gallery – lasertag for ducks.
- Ring The Bell – aka High Striker carnival style game were people can hit a pad with a big hammer and see their strength.
- Tachyonic Antitelephone – receive mysterious printed messages from your future self Spectral forms: Watch and listen to your brain waves in real time, using an eeg device and some custom software.
- TOG Lockpickers – Come and give lockpicking a try. Demonstrations of different locks throughout the day as well as hands on lockpicking tutorials from TOG’s very own lockpickers. Have your own lockpicks? Come and test your skills against TOG’s ever growing collection of Love Locks from Dublin’s own Ha’penny Bridge