I am offering a 5 week class in Perl programming at Tog on Wednesday nights between Oct 19th and Nov 16th.
No previous programming experience is required.
Please bring your own laptop.
Wednesdays Oct 19th – Nov 16th 2011.
Time – 7:00 – 9:30pm (with 30 min break)
Members: 20 euros.
Non-Members: 60 euros.
Number of Places:
8 – 10.
- Introduction – setting people up, command line access, editor, syntax, comments, hello world.
- Scalars – strings/numbers
- If/else + loops
- File and Directory Manipulation
- Globbing and Regular Expressions
- References + complex arrays/hashes
- Object Orientation
- Packages + Modules
Windows Users: Download ActivePerl from the following link:
Select 5.12.3 for your machine (x86 or 64 bit/x64) and follow the instructions.
Mac OSX Users:
Install the Developer Tools from your OSX DVD if you haven’t done so already.
You should then have Perl on the command line.
Perl should be preinstalled on your system.
To sign up, please use the comments form below.